Saturday, February 19, 2011

LAcon 2011 videos - Jensen and Jared Q&A

I guess I finally gave up. Well, not completely, obviously, but yeah. Videotaping cons just became too mentally exhausting.

Apparently, the story goes like this: we are not allowed to videotape because actors requested that and even have it in their contracts.

I'm calling bull.

At least to that s in actors. Because, let's face it, most guests don't mind. They joke about it during their panels. Louden Swain even tweeted the links to the videos last year. So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that they really don't care. Plus, none of them is at every con. Well, except Jared. Dude is dedicated. (But Jensen and Misha come close.) And yet, somehow, the rule about videotaping never changes. No matter who's actually at the con.

So, which actors, if any, have it in their contracts?

I'd say it's probably not Misha, he just doesn't seem the type. Although people CAN surprise us.
And after Jared's 'Stop the cameras!' at this year's LAcon, I'm thinking it's not in his contract either. I mean, if he was yelling Stop the cameras, he obviously knew people were videotaping and obviously didn't care. (He yelled it as a joke after somebody said something bad about CW. Like, to make sure ppl from CW don't see it on YT.)
So, that leaves Jensen. Which is actually quite believable. But I'd like to think that he would've said something by now if he really had a problem with the whole videotaping thing. And it would've been more effective than Creation's arbitrary rules. Yes, I'm calling them arbitrary. Pics or it didn't happen. *nods*

















No comments:

Post a Comment