Friday, February 4, 2011

The things I do for the cons *smh*

I am really, really, really, REALLY liftophobic. (I'm guessing that's not a real word?) I avoid elevators. I really, really do. I mean, even when I go to work* (they're on the 5th floor), I ignore the damn thing. (It's a good thing I go there only once a month, because - 5th floor, ppl! 5th!!)
But every time I go to a convention, I'm riding those elevators like there's no tomorrow. Mostly because I don't really have a choice. I do have to get to my room somehow. But yeah, for those few days, elevators and I are best friends. Well, not really, but you know what I mean.

Not many people know this (well, except everyone who read it on my Twitter and LJ), but I am somewhat of a photo op wh... Wait, what's a google friendly word for wh... Uhm... Hoo... No. Esco...No. For a streetwalker? I know. Photo op lady of the night. (Yeah, it does sound stupid.) Don't get me wrong, I'm unphotogenic as hell, but there's nothing like going to that photo op room, going through hundreds and hundreds of photos hoping that they didn't forget to print mine just to finally find it and see how awful I look in it. Best feeling in the world! Woot!
Well, anyways...
I had to sacrifice 5 photo ops (5!! hmm, I'm seeing a pattern here) to get one. A really expensive one. The one with Jensen, Jared and Jim. I suppose it'll be worth it in the end, but when it comes to photo ops, I'm all about quantity. The more the better! And this is just killing me. I would also like to take this opportunity and apologize to Jim, Mark, Steven, Richard and Misha & Jim. I'm sorry, but I had to do it. I mean, it's one more photo op with Jensen. And Jared. But mostly Jensen. You know how it is... :D *sigh*


* Funny story (that's not really funny at all). My mom's friend used to live in the exact same building where I work now, only she was on the 4th floor. (I even lived there for a few months during the war.) And that bloody elevator is the only elevator I actually got stuck in. So no wonder I refuse to go anywhere near it.

No comments:

Post a Comment