Friday, February 25, 2011

Heaven, Hell, Brothers and an Impala

An article about Supernatural was published in The New York Times. Title of the article is Heaven, Hell, Brothers and an Impala and it's written by Ginia Bellafante. LINK
The article is incredibly offensive (mostly to fans) and it's inaccurate. I can't believe somebody actually paid Ginia Bellafante for this. It would've been better if they gave that money to a fact checker.

So I sent Ginia Bellafante an e-mail. This is what I wrote:


Dear Ginia Bellafante,

thank you for insulting fans of Supernatural, Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki and pretty much everyone who has something to do with the show.

Two hot guys as leads? Then, of course, that must mean that only 15-year-olds (I bet you actually meant 15-year-old girls), who do nothing but ship characters all day long, would watch the show. It's not like Supernatural can offer its shallow viewers anything but eye candy, right? It's not like it has amazing actors, incredible story and can make us laugh and cry and care for the characters.

You mentioned conventions (which, BTW, aren't about fangirling and autographs). Hundreds of fans attend these cons and it would be really difficult to find a fan under the age of 20 there. I'd even dare to say that most fans there are older than me. And I'm Jensen's age. (Since you are obviously an expert when it comes to Supernatural, I'm sure you know how old he is.)

I won't even go into other inaccuracies in the article. I guess your fact checker is on vacation this week.

Best regards,
Eliann


(Of course, I signed my real name, not Eliann.)

No comments:

Post a Comment