Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How CreationEnt ruined the convention for me even before I left for LA

Kudos to Creation Entertainment. They really are almighty. I'm still at home, haven't even packed yet, con is still a week and a half away, and I'm already deeply disappointed.

Cause auctioning off that jam session with Jensen and Jason? Worst. Idea. Ever.

We all know that Jensen doesn't sing in public.* We'd all have a better chance of seeing a unicorn than of hearing him sing (live). I mean, I'd even attend JIB if I knew for sure he would sing. (I have issues with JIB, so it would take a lot to get me there.) It's like my Holy Grail.

So imagine my unpleasant surprise when someone at Creation got the brilliant idea to offer the fans a jam session with Jensen and his guitar. Sounds perfect, right? It comes with a catch. 
It's not for everybody at the con. Oh, no. It's just for the filthy rich fans. (Disclaimer: Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against filthy rich fans. If you're rich, good for you. Hell, I'd LOVE to be filthy rich.) I really do love it when ppl offer me something I can't really have. It makes me all warm and tingly inside.

OK, truth be told, I could have it. If I went to my bank and took out a loan. But I'm still sane enough to refuse to get a loan for this. (If Rising con gets Jensen and Jared, I fear that all bets will be off, but right now I'm still holding on to my sanity. Conoholic in me weeps.)

And I really don't know what would be worse. If somebody actually thought that this would be a nice treat for the fans or if they did it just to get more money. Honestly, I think I would respect them more if they were just greedy. Money does make the world go around, after all. But to do something this mean to the fans and still think they are doing us a favor, well that's just really, really... not smart.

Dear Creation Entertainment, jam session with Jensen WOULD be a nice treat. If it was a Friday (or Saturday or Sunday) night concert that everybody can attend (even if we had to pay a bit more for it). But to dangle this in front of our faces just to remind us that most of us aren't rich enough to have it... Just how inconsiderate ARE you?   

I'm also somewhat of a loner. Would you like to rub that in too?


*Please, ignore Jus in bello 2010. I'm making a point here.

No comments:

Post a Comment