Monday, March 5, 2012

Identity crisis

I had a pretty bad case of identity crisis last night.

It wasn't even the post-con blues, cause I KNOW how THAT feels. No, I bypassed that completely and went straight to: What the hell am I even doing here? I wondered if the whole thing was worth the 23 hours it took me to get here. And the 23 hours that it'll take me to get back home. And I was seriously considering the answer: No.

I don't know, maybe it's because every con is the same. Same events, same guests. No, make that EXACTLY the same guests. Been there, done that. This was my 6th con after all. I can't say it was boring, but I just couldn't be excited about it either. Friday was the worst. (It got a bit better after that.) I was in my room after karaoke thinking: Wait, that was it?! Talk about being disappointed.

And the funny thing is, I'm going to JIBcon, I have Gold for Dallas (I WILL probably sell it, but I do have it) and I bought Gold for Vegas. That's a lot of cons for somebody who's beginning to see them as chores.

And let me tell you, that is a sucky feeling.

And it's really unfair. I have a lot of some bad habits. But if I had to suddenly lose one of them, did it really have to be my conoholism?

I don't wanna have to change the title of my blog!!! (Cause, yes, THAT's the biggest problem. *rolleyes*)

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong with having those feelings, nor the ones pertaining to the videos. My first con wash NashCon this year & I was disappointed. Chaulk it up to pernicious exchanges with "fanGirls", the rude people from Creation (overworked & not paid), lady screaming at gold breakfast because seating wasnt to her liking (and she thought I didn't deserve my food yet?), then a particular fan favorite giving me the eat shit & die look while signing autographs... So I feel like I've been there, done that, got some pics. The panels were disappointing b/c it's Q&A (very disorganized), and up to those same fanGirls asking insidious questions.
    Don't misunderstand me, I'm a HUGE SPN fan, yet I can see the redundancy, as the money goes down the drain.
    I get annoyed by the overly aggressive fanGirls on twitter: the competition to grasp the attention of the actors, and shameless self-promotion (regarding pics & vids they don't own!?!)
    I feel like hanging at home and enjoying the show, my memories, pics & vids alone. I don't feel obligated to post everything I saw at a con...that's just me! You shouldn't either.
    This wasn't intended to make you feel more down, just validated. Thanks for sharing what you have, and if you FEEL sharing, cool. If not, that is your right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. And I'm sorry NashCon was disappointing. I learned early on that in order to really enjoy these things you can't have any expectations. We play it up in our minds and it can never be as good as we're hoping. We expect a perfect experience and that's something that cons never are. If you don't really expect anything, then everything you get is a nice bonus.

    I don't think it was the con itself that brought me down, it's more like I wasn't even looking forward to it. Guest list was quite disappointing (we really don't need that many regulars) and Creation didn't offer anything new. And I'm not sure that Vegas con will be any better. I mean, they already proudly announced that almost every guest from BurCon already signed up for Vegas. Really? They think that's a good thing? I already saw them this year, I don't need to see them again. (Jensen and Jared are the exception, of course.)

    I usually do post pretty much everything I have. But lately it just feels like maybe I shouldn't. And I definitely stopped posting every pic I took. There are some unflattering pics that nobody needs to see.

    ReplyDelete