Saturday, March 10, 2012

The BurCon Experience - Day 1 (Wednesday)

You know what they say. Pics or it didn't happen. See? Pics. So it did happen. *nods*

I blame the Internet. I asked it if it was a good idea to fly on February 29, and it never said that, no, in fact it was not.
So, there I was, at the airport, on Feb 29, all set to fly to FRA, then SF, then BUR. But.
I found out that my flight was cancelled. (FRA airport was on strike.) And THANK GOD for connecting flights because they still had to get me to Burbank somehow.
I went to get my new itinerary, was told that I'd be going to Zurich and then to SF with Swiss and just as the woman was about to print my e-ticket, the printer went kaput. And she was trying to fix it for 20. Fucking. Minutes. (With a pair of scissors.) While I was standing there mostly panicking because I still didn't know WHEN my first flight was. Or anything else for that matter.
She finally managed to print the ticket (it came out all crooked, but at least it came out) and I found out all the details. New itinerary wasn't that bad, but I really didn't like that I'd be getting to Burbank at 8 pm instead of 6 pm. And believe you me, 2 hrs make a huge difference after such a long trip. 22 effing hours!!!
Oh yeah, the pic. I'm SO glad I'm not scared of flying. The first plane was god-awful. It wasn't just incredibly noisy, it was vibrating. Not shaking, vibrating. Can you imagine sitting there for hour and a half while everything around you vibrated? REALLY annoying. And I had an amazing view of the plane's propeller. Y'all envy me now, don't ya?





 


Swiss fed us nicely. As you can see. I never tried hash browns before. Turns out I like hash browns. Ice cream was a VERY nice surprise and pizza was really good. I definitely didn't miss Lufthansa food.

BTW, 50 ice cubes in a tiny cup of apple juice, United? My upper lip got frostbite.





 
By the time I finally got to Marriott Burbank I was really sick and tired of everything. The only good thing was that I got a room on the 2nd floor so I didn't have to spend a lot of time in the elevators. Room itself? Was noisy. Like, really noisy. And I think it tried to freeze me to death a few times.
But, OTOH, this was the first time that I slept in a hotel room and didn't wake up with a headache every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment