Friday, March 23, 2012

The BurCon Experience - Day 4 (Saturday)

You know what they say. Pics or it didn't happen. See? Pics. So it did happen. *nods*

I wasn't sure if I'll be able to wake up early enough to go to Guy's panel (which turned into Guy and Sam panel). But like every night, I fell asleep, slept for 3 hours and then kept waking up once every hour. So I actually managed to wake up on my own, before the alarm. Thank God my first photo op was at 3:20 pm, so I didn't have to put on my makeup. I was tired and would probably poke my eye out. Next panel (Sebastian and Mark) was... Unique. Biiip-worthy. Let's just say Sebastian called himself Cockroché  and leave it at that.



I had a lot of free time :( between this panel and the next because I didn't get any of the photo ops. :( 
I'm sorry, but I have to say this. It really bothered me when I read something like: OMG, Richard and Matt are great. They went all the way to the back so people in cheap seats could ask questions and take good photos. First of all, if you're there, you can ask questions. It doesn't matter where you sit. And second of all, I'm not rich, I earn $800 a month, but I paid $752,75 for my seat because I wanted to see everything and have photos that don't have other people's heads in them. And in this case (at that panel) I could neither take photos nor see half of the guests 98% of the time. I understand why those people in cheap seats were happy, but if I pay so much, I want to actually see the guests. I'm funny like that.
And, OMG, Rick had his The Magnificent Seven T-shirt on. It totally reminded me of my first big celebrity crush. Michael Biehn. Ithat man since I was 12ish and saw him in The Terminator for the first time. And the whole crush thing didn't really go away for a very long time. Very. Long. Time.
I'm loyal. *shrug* lol 
And it's funny, cause Jensen is gorgeous and he's my dealbreaker when it comes to cons and I fly to the other side of the world twice a year just because of him (well, and Jared, and other guests, but yeah, mostly Jensen), but I never felt the need to squee when I saw him or to do anything fangirly. Fair warning: If I ever get a chance to see Michael in RL, all bets are off. In a completely respectful way, of course.



Misha's just... One of a kind. lol I love his panels. I know that some ppl think that he's rude and that he never answers the questions, but he's not, that's just his sense of humor and, OK, he doesn't really, but that's just Misha. That's why his panels are so awesome. You gotta love the guy. :D
Had my first (and only) photo op today with him. I usually ask for a real hug, but I always end up looking ridiculous (that is NOT a good photo op pose for me *sad sigh*). So I decided to ask for something else this time. A hug from behind. So, I asked, he said OK, I turned around and fully expected him to put his arm somewhere near my shoulders and neck. And then suddenly there were hands all over me. (OK, around my waist.) And I was like, OMG, what's happening???! *cue a mini freak out* And I didn't know if that showed on my face and Chris, God bless him, took a pic right at that moment. lol So much fun.

Jim's panel was the last one today. But the day was nowhere near over. We still had to get autographs from, like, 20 people. Who weren't personalizing them. Why, Creation, why?! Anyways, Matt stared at himself on my karaoke kings photo op for 5 minutes because he couldn't believe the face he made. lol Richard liked the photo. Rick told me how they didn't film sequel(?) to Fallen because of one person who wouldn't do it. And Misha... Yeah, Misha. He totally knows me by now. And he remembers that I'm from somewhere, but, and you gotta love him, he can't remember from where. :D So we always end up talking about that. He asked. Again. E: I'm from Croatia. M: I wanted to go to Croatian coast. E: Why didn't you? *M thinks about if for a few seconds* M: I don't know. So I told him that he should come. He said he would. Just between us, he probably won't.

Oh how I don't like the cocktail party previously known as dessert party. It starts way too late, ends even later and then I get barely 4 hours of sleep before the 6 am breakfast with Jensen and Jared. And I'm tired all day on Sunday. I hate being tired on Sunday.
But getting a chance to talk to the guests is nice.
This year it was even better and even worse. 7 guests! 7!!! And I didn't even leave early like I usually do. *sigh* Don't know why. *coughmasochistcough*
TIP: To add some personal touch (literally) to the whole thing you have to: look really tired when Richard comes to your table so he'll pat you on the back while saying wakey-wakey or be someone Misha recognizes or be anywhere near Matt. That dude hugs everyone. He kinda freaks me out.

Feel free to ignore the badly taken photo and concentrate on Jensen. :D

I love my universal battery charger. It saved me SO much money on batteries this time. Don't know why I didn't buy it long time ago. The only problem was that I had to plug it in like this and it was too heavy so I had to prop it up. And it's not like I had something to prop it up with so I had to improvise.

No comments:

Post a Comment