Saturday, March 10, 2012

The BurCon Experience - Day 2 (Thursday)

You know what they say. Pics or it didn't happen. See? Pics. So it did happen. *nods*

Here in Croatia we eat those thin pancakes (crêpes, I guess), so when I go to the US, I like to order the fat ones, if they are on the room service menu.
These were blueberry pancakes and I got 3 of them and by the time I ate half of the 1st one, I was already full. This what you see here, and I kid you not, was enough for 3 meals. Cheeseburger with fries also lasted for 3 meals. And that pizza? It was huuuge! I ordered it on Saturday and still had 3 slices on Monday. But I threw them away. Huuuuge!




I'm sorry, but I just have to take some time and bitch about iBAHN. Wi-fi at Marriott sucked big time. It was slow and it would get disconnected at the worst possible moment and on Thursday night and Friday morning I couldn't even get a connection. It was easy, in theory. First you had to choose a connection plan, then accept terms and conditions, then write your room number and last name and wait to get authenticated. Well, I was trying for 2 hours on Thu and 1 hour on Fri and managed to get to room number/name page only twice. Mostly I just got a blank page that wouldn't upload. After that I just went to the lobby and used their free wi-fi. It was lousy too, but at least it was free.






Pre-registration was really early this time. At 6:45 pm. I got my lanyard and wristband and found out that LAcon moves to Vegas next year. I don't know, it could be a good thing. I wasn't all that impressed with the Burbank venue. But apparently there aren't any direct flights from Europe to Vegas either. And honestly, Vegas kinda scares me. I'm sure I won't be leaving the hotel once I get there.
I also bought some photo ops. Only 3 this time. :( Kim, kara(k)oke kings (check the pic, lol) and Misha. (Already had the ones with Js.) That probably shows you my state of mind at the con better than anything else. I love photo ops and usually get as many as I can. This time my heart just wasn't in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment