Monday, September 13, 2010

What do you mean, it's not a legitimate addiction?!

It all started 8 years ago with a TV show I didn't even particularly like. Why didn't I like it? I have absolutely no idea. I love shows like that. Should've been one of my favorites. It's a freakin' mystery, that's what it is. *nods* But I digress. Dark Angel. The show was Dark Angel.
That's when I first saw Jensen Ackles. Mind you, back then I only knew his name. It was the BI era. Before Internet. Bloody inconvenient.
It never even crossed my mind that some day I might be close enough to actually have my hands on the guy. In a perfectly respectful way, of course. But only 6 years and one registration to CW lounge later, it all became less impossible. I found out about Creation Entertainment's Salute to Supernatural conventions and said to myself What the heck! I can afford to go to ONE con.
So I bought the tickets for ChiCon. And then I just kept on buying and kept on going. No willpower whatsoever. 4 cons in one year. VanCon 2009, ChiCon 2009, LAcon 2010 and VanCon 2010. And yes, it's just as expensive as it sounds. And I'm still moping every time I remember that I couldn't go to Rising Con. *mopes* See?
Of all the hobbies in the world, I had to choose the priciest one. Yeah, OK, I admit it. It's not really a hobby so much as it is a full-fledged addiction.

Hi. My name is Eliann and I'm a conoholic. Can I get a Hi, Eliann?

No comments:

Post a Comment