Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The thing is...

Ever since I got a taste of conventions, I just can't stop flying to the other side of the world to spend 4 days touring the convention hotel attending them. And I really, really, REALLY want to go to LAcon 2011, Rising Con 2011 (IF they get Jensen) and maybe even (fingers crossed) VanCon again.

But.

And what a big but that is.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not made of money. My salary, although quite average in my country, is rather pitiful compared to the US salaries. (I could even envy their usher/ticket takers if I were an envious person. Which I'm not, thank you very much.) And let me tell you this, eventually installment loans stop being the answer. (Apparently, banks want their money back. Did y'all know that?)
So, I have two options. Stop attending cons... Oh boy, just the mere thought of that makes me start hyperventilating. Calm down, Eliann, calm down. Just give me a second here. ... OK, I'm good. Or find a part time job. Or two. Actually, the way Creation Entertainment is upping those prices, better make that three. And a half. You know what they say: Better safe than without two Jensen photo ops.
It's not a perfect solution (I AM after all lazy by nature and procrastinative as hell), but it's not like I have a choice here. (Conoholic with no willpower. Remember?)

Thus, starting tomorrow (as every good procrastinator would), I'm going on a part time job hunt.

Don't worry, my unsuspecting esteemed readers, I WILL be blogging about it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment