Tuesday, September 21, 2010

M., you've got mail

I did it. I sent my CV. M. didn't actually place an ad anywhere, but hopefully I'll get some kind of reply from them. Even if it's just - thanks, but no, thanks. Let's hope I'm still lucky when it comes to getting a job. Because so far? I've been beyond lucky.

For the longest time I didn't know what I wanted to do in life. And then 3 weeks after I realized that I would like to translate TV shows, I found an ad at the university. O.F. was looking for students who would do just that. Talk about luck. :D I went for an interview and got the job.

I was even luckier with my 2nd part time job. I just sent an open cover letter (and a CV) and two days later, I was translating again.

And just when it looked like I would be out of job soon (cause even telenovelas have to end sometime), my old boss, who opened her own firm after leaving O.F., called me and asked if I wanted to work for her. I wasn't looking for a full time job, but I thought about it and said yes. Been working there ever since.

And now, almost six years later, I'm looking for another part time job.

Let's see if I'm still lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment