Friday, September 24, 2010

Plan B (no, not that one)

Well. I don't actually have a plan B.

I have a vague notion of plan B...

Turns out that doesn't help much.

What I'm trying to say is that there is still no e-mail from M. No, not even a 'yeah, we don't want you' e-mail. And it's the worst because I know I probably won't hear from them, but there's always that damn hope. Pesky little &$@*#. Pardon my French. Guess I hoped my 11 and a half years of experience and my knowledge of English and Spanish (99,8% of everything on Cro TV that needs translating is in Eng. or Sp.) would at least get me a 'we're not looking for anyone and we don't want your CV, go away'. Just so I know that there's no point in waiting.
In other words, unless I suddenly become an expert web designer by next week (highly unlikely, BTW), I can pretty much forget getting a job that would allow me to work from home. Crap.

Since there's a shortage of good job offering ads, I went through ads from people who are looking for jobs. Mostly to get some ideas about what I could do. And I did. Get some ideas. But there were some... interesting ads. A man is looking for a job as a butler. I laughed my... behind off. Who knew we had butlers in Cro. I mean, really? We do? Really?! Then there was the ad from a woman who would take care of kids for free because she loves kids. What's up with that? Oh, and my favorite. Boy, 39 years old... Dude, if you're 39, you are NOT a boy.

Nobody's offering part time jobs that would work for me, so it looks like I'll be placing my own ad soon. Guess I found my plan B?

However, I'm not ready to give up on my plan A just yet. I'll wait for that e-mail just a little bit longer. *hopefool*

No comments:

Post a Comment