Friday, October 8, 2010

Look at me, I'm on TV. Well. Maybe...

I guess every few years I dare myself to step (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay) out of my comfort zone. I did it 2 years ago when I bought Gold for ChiCon. I won't go into details, but trying to decide whether to buy that ticket or not, it wasn't a pretty sight. (I'm one of those people who wouldn't go to the movies alone, and yet, there I was, thinking about flying to the other side of the world. Alone. First time on a plane, first time outside of Europe, first time in an English speaking country where I know noone.) I bought the ticket eventually and never looked back.
And now I just might do it again. That 'get out of my comfort zone' part, not the 'buy Gold for ChiCon' part. lol I can't really believe I'm even thinking about it. But on the other hand, what doesn't kill me, will some day pay for my psychiatrist's beach house. (Y'know, if/when I start seeing one.)

There's this audition for hosts of TV Bingo show on HRT.

And I'm seriously thinking of sending my CV.

Because hosting a TV show is, of course, a perfect job for somebody who's quiet and suffers from stage fright. (Man, I certainly picked the right year to get off beta blockers.)

Like I said, waaaay out of my comfort zone.

But I AM looking for a part time job. And I HAVE been complaining about the shortage of those. And I DO need money for cons. So, why wouldn't I send my CV? It's not like they're gonna pick me or anything. Right?

I would also have to send my photo. Now, that could be a bit tricky. Only recent photos of me that I have are photo ops. And I'm pretty sure they want just a photo of me. But if I send them one of my photo ops with Jensen and Jared, at least they're bound to notice me. :D And anything that sets me apart from others is a good thing, right? I sure could use any help I can get. Cause I am quite ordinary.

I wonder if I'll actually do it.

Oh. A friend informed me that this is a job one should be ashamed of (because apparently hosting TV Bingo show is down there with scamming ppl out of their money or something *rolleyes*) and that he would defriend me if I send my CV. It might seem like I'm tempting fate with this post, but I'm good for now. He doesn't read my blog anyway. And he won't find out about this unless I get the job. And if I do get it, I won't care because I'll become famous and I'll get thousands of new true friends. And he can tell everyone how he doesn't know me. So, :p to him.

Oh and, in case somebody from HRT stumbles upon this... Uhm... I was just kidding. Of course I'm perfect for the job. Outgoing, communicative, resourceful, stunning, lying through my teeth...

No comments:

Post a Comment