Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Croupiere (m/f)

I mean, really, people? Croupiere?

First of all, since we're in Cro, it should be krupje. (Actually, it should be djelitelj, but fine, whatever.) But if they're insisting on writing it in a foreign language (I'm guessing they were going for English here), they should at least make sure that the word is written correctly. Especially since croupiere is the armour that protects horse's ass. It really irks me when people are so careless that they can't even write a teeny tiny ad without mistakes. And if they're making mistakes, then they should at least be consistent. Because crouppier? Really?


I finally got an email from Mediatranslations. They're keeping my CV and will contact me if/when they need another subtitler. I'm fine with that. Right now I'm really hoping that I'll get that rink job. And I can't believe I'm so excited at the prospect of cleaning (among other things) a skating rink for 2 or 3 months. *smh*

1 comment:

  1. omg! omg! yay for mediatranslations! :D

    for everything else... well... idk... good luck? *shrug*

    ReplyDelete