Monday, October 4, 2010

Outside the box

I think I should quit my job to have more time for this blog. Because anything less than 7 posts a week is just unacceptable. Unacceptable I say!!! (Did you get it out of your system now, Eliann? Yeah, I'm good.)

Last week I found exactly two (2) ads that were somewhere in the vicinity of what I might be looking for. But since I don't have a car and I'm not communicative... Let's just say that I'm still part-time-jobless.
And I'm not just being picky here. There really aren't any jobs for me. Mostly because 98% of all ads in Cro are for full time jobs. And it doesn't help that there are like 100 ads all together. Even if I was looking for a new day job, which I'm not, I'm neither an architect, nor a shipbuilder, nor a lawyer, nor a... Well, you get my drift. So, basically I'm left with two ads that I'm not qualified for. *sigh*

What exactly am I looking for? A part time job. Ideally something that I can do at home, so I don't have to waste hours on trying to get to work and back. There's also that small matter of my constant headaches. I always have to work around them. Which basically means that I'm working from 9 pm to 5 am more often than not. So a job with flexible hours would be awesome. Also, it has to be something I know how to do. Doh. And I'm trying to avoid scams. That one should go without saying. A decent paycheck would be nice too.

OK, I'm done bitching, now I'm branching. Out. Have to throw a wider net due to slim pickings. (That would be, what, plan C?) There are like millions of foreign jobs sites and some of them even have ads for jobs in Cro. It's the weirdest thing, looking for jobs in Cro on foreign websites. But I'd get over the weird factor if I could only find something. *fingers crossed*

Or maybe I should just go straight to Plan L.

No comments:

Post a Comment