Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hilton Rome Airport

I have absolutely no idea if my reservation still exists. I sent an e-mail with new dates on July 24. Didn't get any reply, but I did check my reservation on Hilton's website a few days later and they did change the dates.
When I still didn't get a confirmation e-mail two weeks later, I went to Hilton's website to check my reservation again. Easier said than done. They had problems with the page so I couldn't check anything.
So I kinda forgot about the whole thing until today. I went to check my reservation again. And this time I was informed that: No reservation was found. Please check your Confirmation number and Last name or last 4 digits of the credit card on this reservation and try again. I tried it a few more times and now I just keep geting this message: The reservation selected cannot be managed online. Please call 800.774.1500 for assistance or visit Customer care.

What the hell?!


UPDATE
Sept 19 - Still no e-mail from S. Incecchi, but this time I managed to find my reservation on Hilton's website. It has the new dates and says Reservation #... confirmed. I saved the printable version of my reservation confirmation. And I also e-mailed that confirmation to myself. Not sure it'll do me any good, but what the hell, right? In for a penny... Kad je bal nek je maskenbal.

Sept 21 - I received the confirmation. However. I found this in the said confirmation:

Rate Rules and Cancellation Policy:
A deposit equals to the charge for your full stay will be debited to you within the next days.
Once that has been obtained by the hotel, the reservation is guaranteed, non-refundable
and not changeable and will be held for your arrival.

I thought we were supposed to immediately pay for just one night (and pay for the rest at the hotel in April) and that the reservation could be cancelled until April 5th, 2012.  

Sept 22 - It's OK. I don't have to pay everything in advance. That whole 'deposit equals to the charge of your full stay will be debited to you within the next days' is something that's in every confirmation and (in this case) should be ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment