Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's official...

I'm going to LA next month. :D

I had a really lousy end of the year. My parents had another one of their financial crises which of course meant no LAcon for me. Not that they said anything, but how could I spend my money on myself when they needed it. That, of course, made me really angry (seething's the word) because it's been like this since I can remember. Well, at least since I started working 12 years ago. 85% - 100% of my money always went to them. Which is OK, I don't need much. But when I have to give up probably the only thing I'm looking forward to because they couldn't make things better in over a decade... Yeah, I didn't take it well. So I tried to avoid anything Supernatural-related because it would just remind me of everything and that would make me angry all over again. But, of course, the more I tried to avoid thinking about the con, the more I thought about it. And boy, is being angry all the time exhausting. On the bright side, I did lose 10 lb. Turns out, when you're seething, you're just not that hungry.

In other (good) news... I managed to get a decentish plane ticket. I was worried that the price would be through the roof cause the con is in a month, but it was like half the price of what I paid when I was flying to Vancouver. And I bought that ticket months before VanCon. Go figure. The only problem is that I'll have to wait for 6 hours at the Munich airport. (Hence the ish part.) It was either 6 hrs or hour and a half, and since it's winter and there's always a possibility of snow, ice, fog... I just didn't want to risk it. This is the first time I won't be stopping over in Frankfurt, but that ticket was $300 more, so I figured, I can live with Munich.

I just don't know how I'm supposed to watch 100+ episodes of Supernatural in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment