Wednesday, March 9, 2011

In a perfect world...

In a perfect world I could... Well, in a perfect world I would go to every con. I mean, I AM a conoholic, right? It's a no-brainer. But in a perfect and REALISTIC world, I could go to Rising con 2011, BankCon 2012 (yes, I'm calling it that) and JIB 2012. Too bad this world is just realistic. :(

KLZ Events are killing me. Rising con is in 3 months and they only have 3 guests. And the worst part? I don't know if that's it or not. OK, Matt is always a great guest. And of course I would love to see Misha again. :D And, OMG!, seeing JDM for the first time, that would almost be worth the money this con would cost me.

Almost.

But let's face it, no Jensen, no Eliann. I'm not rich enough to go to cons that don't have Jensen on the guest list. I'm sorry, dear other guests, but that's just the way it is. Jensen is a deal breaker.

And, honestly, I think they won't get Jensen and/or Jared. I'm sure they had to pay A LOT of money to get JDM and there's just not enough left for Js. But the problem is I can't be sure. And if there's even a slight chance that I'll be going to Barcelona, I really have to buy a plane ticket as soon as possible. While there are still cheap tickets available. And by cheap I mean $340. (Which really isn't cheap at all. Two weeks ago I could've gotten a ticket for $142.) Because I'm not paying twice as much for a 2-hour flight.

Do I really want to risk losing $340? On the other hand, by the time KLZ announces all the guests, that ticket could cost me $1500.

I don't know what to do. I'm not psychic!

What would you do?

Even Clif wasn't much help. He did reply immediately, but...





And I really wanted to go to Barcelona this year. *whines* I still didn't get over the fact that I couldn't go last year. *sigh*

Dear KLZ Events, most people are on a budget and need to know well in advance how much money (if any) they are going to spend on something. In this case - a con you're organizing. So, just announce all the guests or tell us that there won't be any more. I just need to know one way or the other. Por favor. Gracias.


I already have Gold for Burbank. And I'll buy photo ops (Jensen, Jared, J&J) as soon as my credit card company sends me the bill for February and starts a new one for March. But I'm really not happy with the change of venue. OK, yes, Burbank is nicer (as I am told) than LAX, so sightseeing would be a possibility, but, OMG, it'll take me 20 hrs to get there. (20!!!) It usually takes me 14 hrs. That's a lot of extra hours. And it's not like I'll have time for sightseeing anyway. And if I fly to Bob Hope, I'll have to go through airport procedures twice (cause there are no direct flights). Why would I want to do that to myself? Right now, I'm even thinking that flying to LAX and then taking a cab would be a good idea. It would be faster and easier and maybe even cheaper. I'm only worried about traffic jams.

Dear Creation Entertainment, there was no way to find an airport with direct flights from Europe? Y'know, not all the ppl who are coming to your cons are from the US.


JIB. JIB, JIB, JIB... JIB, JIB. *sigh* I can't believe I'm actually considering going to Rome. (I'm presuming that there will be JIB 2012 and that they'll have Jensen and Jared as guests once again. If they don't, then of course, JIB is out.)
I don't speak Italian. And I don't like going to foreign countries if I don't speak the language. I'm not that adventurous. lol And it always rains when I'm in Italy. So, if you find yourself there during the con and it's raining, I am so sorry. SO sorry. 



This was a really meaning-got-lost-in-translation, and yet accurate (*nods*) tweet.


They were talking about Misha, BTW. And I totally agree. He would like me a lot. Misha and me and my netbook go waaay back. *lol*




I just realized something. If I don't go to Barcelona, I'll have to wait a whole year before another con. *horrified* *hyperventilating* *off to find some doughnuts*

No comments:

Post a Comment