Friday, March 4, 2011

But to make a short story long... Part tres

POST-CONVENTION BLUES (Salute to Supernatural LAcon 2011)


Monday, Feb 14, 2011

And just like that, it was over. (Well, almost. It ain't over until I take my wristband off. And I always leave it on until I get home. Taking it off is the last thing I do after a convention. My way of saying, yes, it's over. Then I give it a day and start preparing for the next one. It's tradition.)



You know that song "just another manic Monday, wish it was Sunday"? Oh yeah, I could do Sunday all over again. Groundhog day, anyone? lol

Funny thing though. Usually my post-convention blues starts as soon as I get Jared's autograph, but this time... I just realized that this time I skipped the whole blues thing. Probably because of that trio photo op. OK, yeah, that WAS worth $269. :D

But it really helps when Js' autographs aren't the last thing on the schedule. This time we still had impromptu stage appearance by Jim, Genevieve's autographs, trio photo ops, Brock's panel/photo ops/autographs, (I'm still ignoring Jensen's jam session), Traci's musical performance, upgrading and waiting in line to buy JPEGs. So, instead at 3 pm, the whole thing ended at 10 pm. And by then I was so exhausted that I forgot I was supposed to be all bluesy.

Blueslessness is in the little things. *pearl of wisdom*


At 11:40 am I was all packed and ready to go, only it turned out it wasn't 11:40. It was 10:40. (That also explained why I was still so tired when I woke up at "8".) It was just the latest of that bloody alarm clock's eccentricities. When I first tried to set the alarm, it almost managed to convince me that I didn't know what the hell I was doing. That little *&$#@! I guess it was on its last breath. But it took me a while to realize that I had to press each button 25 times for the button to actually do what it was supposed to.   

So, suddenly I had an extra hour and nothing to do. *grins* I solemnly swear I was not up to no good. lol

At high noon I left the room.



(Yes, that's the one.)








Monday was Feb 14th aka Valentine's day. I had a date. With Lax B. Scanner. It was really short and awkward and made me feel uncomfortable. I was glad and relieved when it was over. All in all, a really bad date. I'd like to say it was a once in a life time experience, but since I AM a conoholic, it probably wasn't. *sigh*
However, my Valentine's day wasn't all bad. I DID spend part of it with Jensen, after all. How is that possible, you ask? Well, time zones, ppl. You gotta love them. :D Croatia is 9 hours ahead of LA. And I'm Croatian, so it totally counts. *nods* :D :p lol

Flight was uneventful. TG. I slept a little, went through my con photos a little, ate a little. Food was fugly as always and that thing we got for breakfast with omelet (no, not the green stuff, that other thing)... I have absolutely no idea what that was. (It was better than omelet, though.)


 


 



Tuesday, Feb 15, 2011

Dad picked me up at the airport and drove me home. I was so tired that I barely kept my eyes open, but I didn't go to sleep immediately. I unpacked and took a few minutes to get accustomed to my home again. And then I took my wristband off.


No comments:

Post a Comment